Data Security refers to the digital or physical measures taken to ensure that precious information of an organization is kept safe and away from unauthorized access. Also known as information security (IS) or computer security, these are the steps you can take to protect your institute’s computers, websites, networks, and databases from prying eyes. Since it is extremely common for rival companies to try and steal your valuable information, data security is an issue that must not be taken lightly. Furthermore, besides competitors, it is essential to prevent loss or corruption of data due to an accident or a natural disaster.
There are various measures to be taken to keep your business safe and here at Flint Tech Solutions we have them all:
- Encryption Software: Encryption is the main line of defense that makes your data unusable to anyone who’s not allowed to see it. With our advanced encryption algorithms and software, we can ensure that your information and files will not be misused even if they fall into the wrong hands. According to your preference, encryption can be done on both specific-file-only or a global basis.
- Email Security: Emails are the main way through which viruses or malware enter your computers, along with website code or spam ads. Our cloud solutions allow your emails to be scanned when they enter the cloud, or we can set up a server-based scanning tool that checks for malware in the emails before they are delivered to the destination mailboxes.
- Firewall: To prevent unwanted people hacking into your IT infrastructure, a firewall is mandatory. A dependable, strong and secure firewall can monitor and control the incoming and outgoing network traffic according to pre-established guidelines; therefore it creates a wall between a trusted, secure internal network and an unknown, external network.
- Terminal/Workstation Security: While it is important to protect your information from unauthorized access via networks, we also provide services to ensure each part of your network is protected physically too. Such services include password security, antivirus software, BIOS and bootloader security, administrative controls etc. These are workstation specific tools which ensure that no one can access your computer or laptop physically.
- Backup: Backups are the main way to retrieve your data if you lose it. No matter how many precautions you take against your data being stolen, natural disasters or a mishap might cause your workstations to lose the information stored on them. This is where our excellent backup services come into play.
With our cloud storage and/or physical locations where backups can be kept for the on-site appliance, you can rest assured that all your information will be stored at regular intervals. You can even customize these intervals according to your needs, and our “deduplication” software ensures that no matter how frequent your data is backed up, duplication will be monitored and reduced. In addition to that, from time to time, we test whether the backups are useful and retrievable by creating false system failures so that we can attempt to restore the latest information and re-enforce the settings.
- Network Penetration Testing: We don’t believe in forgetting about our security protocols once they have been set up. Instead, on regular intervals, we launch false attacks on your infrastructure to find out loopholes and weak spots and fix those as soon as we can.